Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 1996 15:45:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      al359@osfn.rhilinet.gov (Eric Lesniewski)
To:        questions@freebsd.org

Call me a masochist, but I'm again trying to troubleshoot the installation procedure for 2.1.5 August 1996 release of FREEBSD!  The release notes inclued in the cd-rom clearly state that FreeBSD added support for 3c590 and 3c595 from 3com.(Etherlink III
-ether cards.)  Upon the initial boot of the installation procedure, I receive a !!WARNING..defective ethercard...wrong revision!!(Using 3com 3c590).  I've disabled any plug/play that may interfere(upon rebooting), and still get the same error for the
ethercard.  I've successfully used this card on the other drive, running Win95.
Has anyone any advice for this revision error rag?