Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 1998 18:32:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        Patrick Kelly <pkelly@kuentos.guam.net>
Cc:        SRIDHAR KRISHNAN <skrishna@cisco.com>, freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which SQL Database for Web Applications ?

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Patrick Kelly wrote:

> I was using (briefly) postgreSQL, but got frustrated with the limited SQL.
> Now I'm using Solid (not free).  I've committed to it (ie paid license
> fees), but havn't used it enough to really give a qualified opinion.
>
> patrick

  Solid is nice.  Of the free databases, PostgreSQL probably has the least
limited SQL support though.  Both mSQL and MySQL lacked all kinds of
things that PostgreSQL does.

  I belive that Solid is the only SQL database for FreeBSD that offers
logging and automatic crash recovery.  Only Solid and PostgreSQL provide
support for transactions.

Tom