Date:      Mon, 6 Feb 1995 16:15:56 +0200 (IST)
From:      Yuri Gindin <aerygis@aluf.technion.ac.il>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   rdump error

  Trying to do a dump onn the remote server with a command

rdump -0uf korney:/dev/nrmt0h /

I got the following message:

  DUMP: Date of this level 0 dump: Mon Feb  6 16:09:36 1995
  DUMP: Date of last level 0 dump: the epoch
  DUMP: Dumping /dev/rwd0a (/) to /dev/rmt0h on host korney
  DUMP: mapping (Pass I) [regular files]
  DUMP: mapping (Pass II) [directories]
  DUMP: estimated 12988 tape blocks on 0.33 tape(s).
  DUMP: Protocol to remote tape server botched (code "sh: rmt: not found").
rdump: Lost connection to remote host.
  DUMP: Bad return code from dump: 1

  I have rmt on the remote server both in /usr/sbin/rmt and /etc/rmt
May be rdump expects to see it in another location ?

   Any suggestions ?

   Yuri.