Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 2004 12:43:34 -0400
From:      "JJB" <Barbish3@adelphia.net>
To:        "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
Subject:   RE: Simplest way to block a single IP?

Kevin

I like your /etc/hosts.allow recommendation.

I have some scrip kids who target my web site just
to bump the visitor counter.

I read all the hosts.allow man pages but syntax
is still not clear.

If I understand things correctly, hosts.allow is enabled
all the time, but defaults to passing all tcp packets.

Are the following statements syntax correct

# all : all : all
httpd : .seed.tw : deny         #deny all from this domain
httpd : 80.0.0.0/8 : deny       #deny all from this domain
httpd : 67.20.132.43 : deny     #deny just this ip address
ftpd : 40.85.68.60 : deny       #deny just this ip address
all : all : all