Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 1999 11:36:40 +0200
From:      Mike Bartlett <cataract@eye2eye.net>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   TZ problem with MYSQL

Hi all,
I'm having a problem right now with mysql as you will see in the paste
below (should explain everything)
mysql> select now()
    -> ;
+---------------------+
| now()               |
+---------------------+
| 1999-10-19 09:07:57 |
+---------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

bash-2.03# date
Tue Oct 19 11:11:18 SAST 1999

The below paste is from the MYSQL manual.
If you have a problem with SELECT NOW() returning values in GMT and not
your local time, you have to set the TZ environment variable to your
current timezone. This should be done for the environment in which the
server runs, for example in safe_mysqld or mysql.server.

I've added TZ=SAST export SAST to my mysql.server. I've also put those
two lines in my mysql.sh in rc.d, but they seem to be having no effect.
Any idea what the problem may be here?

Regards

Mike Bartlett