Date:      Thu, 1 May 2008 02:18:16 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jay Hall <jhall@vandaliamo.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Perl 5.8.8 Compile

I am attempting to compile Perl 5.8.8 on FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE.  I make it
through the configuration just fine, but when I attempt to run the make
command, I receive the following error message.  I am creating a custom
install.  The only parameter I am changing is the installation location.

make: don't know how to make <command-line>. Stop.

I have run make depend, and it finishes without any problems.

I'm sure this is something simple I am missing because I have been
looking at the problem for so long.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jay