Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 14:46:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "M. L. Dodson" <bdodson@beowulf.utmb.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, fbsdlist@federation.addy.com
Subject:   Re: dump of entire disk

> Is there a way to have dump backup an entire disk?  I have a disk set up
> with three filesystems (/, /usr, and /var) and I can only get dump to send
> out a single filesystem.  I'd rather not use three separate tapes for each
> backup.

Sure, just use the no rewind tape device, probably /dev/nrst0 (for a
SCSI-interfaced tape).  If you use restore, you will have to use
mt fsf <number of files> to get to the right part of the tape, though.

Bud Dodson

--
M. L. Dodson                                bdodson@scms.utmb.edu
409-772-2178                                FAX: 409-772-1790