Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 17:05:33 +0100
From:      Cliff Rowley <cliff@olive.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   ColdFusion

Greetings.

I'm trying (perhaps in vain) to get ColdFusion 4.5 for Linux running
under FreeBSD, but my lack of knowledge of the Linux compatibility
system is beginning to defeat me.  I'm not asking for a complete
solution, but a pointer or two would be helpful :)

Basically, I've patched the install scripts, and they work under FreeBSD
just fine now (aside from automatically configuring Apache, which is not
important at this stage), but starting the server reveals this lovely
little error message:

[root@merlin:patches]$ /usr/local/coldfusion/bin/start
Error: performing semget() on ColdFusion Registry semaphore:File exists
Abort trap - core dumped

Any pointers on what this means?  It's obviously something thread based
(I've never really done any thread based programming, but I'm reasonably
aware of the concepts).  Is there something I can do to fix this?
Perhaps a similar error with another piece of software has already been
encountered.

Many thanks :)

--
Cliff Rowley