Date:      Tue, 1 Dec 1998 09:49:47 +0100 (MET)
From:      Mats Dufberg <dufberg@sunet.se>
To:        Marc-Andre Paquin <mapaquin@interresa.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: printer compatibility

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Marc-Andre Paquin wrote:

> I plan to sutup FreeBSD in a near futur and want to buy a laser printer.
> How can I know if the model I whant is going to work well with
> FreeBSD?

If you plan to use it for more than a simple line printer, you should
probably either select a postscript printer or select one that Ghostscript
support. Any printer that relies on the Windows GDI is probably a bad
choice, that is, if Windows is required then don't buy that model.

Mats Dufberg
KTHNOC, KTH, S-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
Telefon/Phone:  +46-8+790 83 46  Fax: +46-8-10 25 10
Email: dufberg@sunet.se
SUNET:s www-katalog: http://www.sunet.se/sweden/main-sv.html