Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 06:21:58 GMT
From:      "Terence Chan" <kachan@startv.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   where is /dev/ttyS0

Hi,

I have a linux binary which will access to the serial port of the PC to collect
data, and in the Red Hat linux box, I refer to the serial port as /dev/ttyS0.

However, I am planning to implement the same system on FreeBSD, and I have managed
to get the binary running. Unfortunately, I wasn't be able to locate the correct
/dev file to access the serial ports.

I have tried the followings:
/dev/ttyd0
/dev/cuaa0

None of them work for me.

What is the problem? Is that the binary wasn't be able to read the com port??
or I have referred to the wrong device?

Pls Advise.

Many Thanks.
-=Terence=-