Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 95 11:34 MSZ
From:      me@tartufo.pcs.dec.com (Michael Elbel)
To:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape 2.0beta1 (fwd)

In pcs.freebsd.ports you write:

>You still cannot cancel your own articles. Major whine.

>It still has no kill-file capability. Major whine.

Hey, but it *looks* nice. What do you need functionality for? :-)

>It is still too easy to send quoted-printable or html crap in Usenet. Major
>whine for national groups like fr.* for me.

Yeah, that's disgusting, I agree.

>It is heavy on system resources, takes a lot  of memory and sources are not
>available.

I wouldn'd mind the "no sources" that much if it did all I needed. I also
dislike that it doesn't use NOV databases, makes it a pain to read a
newsgroup that has more than a couple of articles.

>Netscape has forgotten  the KISS principle and the  "one tool for one task"
>simplicity of UNIX.

Tell this to us (X)Emacs users ;-), but I'll agree and keep using nn
for the forseeable future.

Michael
--
Michael Elbel, PCS GmbH, Muenchen, Germany - me@FreeBSD.org