Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2007 20:41:34 +0200
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS + Samba/NFS = ugh

--------------enigDC337C654CE1B4399DCD9AC7

Brooks Talley wrote:
> Hi everyone.  So far, 7.0 is being pretty darned sweet for me.
>=20
> It's probably a known issue, but I haven't seen it referenced anywhere:=
 it seems that ZFS filesystems can be shared/exported with Samba/NFS, but=
 they do not accept any kind of writes over the network, and have other i=
ssues with smbclient ("Error in diskattr: Call returned zero bytes (EOF)"=
 comes up a lot).
>=20
> Anyone run into this?  Any known fixes?

NFS _and_ Samba?

Samba is a userland daemon - if it had problems, other applications
would have also had problems.