Date:      Mon, 9 Jul 2001 16:31:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mark V Bermal <mbermal@ieng9.ucsd.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Olympus/Smart Media/USB Camera

Hello,

I am in the market for a digital camera, and some of the models I have
looked at are from Olympus, which uses SmartMedia (not Compact Flash) as
the memory and also USB is available. I searched the archives and found
that a certain Sandisk Compact Flash reader works on FBSD using USB (as a
umass device), but has anyone found a working reader (or one that more
than likely will work) for reading SmartMedia cards? Alternatively, has
anyone hooked up an Olympus camera through USB directly using the umass
device? What is the filesystem on the cards?

Thank You,

Mark Bermal

P.S. Please cc me a reply, I am not on the list.