Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 1996 11:56:48 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, questions@FreeBSD.org, FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.org, isdn@muc.ditec.de
Subject:   Re: Any ISDN-BRI cards work under FreeBSD?

> > My guesses:
>
> I'm surprised you need to guess.  Yes, that's correct.  People seem to
> have problems understanding this one, so I'll go into a little more
> detail:

Heh.  I didn't have to guess.

I miss the days when CS students were forced to build bitslice machines
and interface them to learn this sort of thing.

For people into learning on their own, I suggest:

	Technical Apects of Data Communication
	McNeely (SP?)
	Digital Press

It's a bit dated, and uses DDCMP as one of its examples, but it gives
good coverage on everything from the Bell 103C standard to building
a NULL-modem cable.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---