Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 1996 21:51:16 -0700 (MST)
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        mikebo@tellabs.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, mikebo@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI video recommendations?

Lo and behold, mikebo@tellabs.com once said:

> for recommendations of an accelerated PCI video card that will work well
> with XFree86 3.1.2 (included in FBSD 2.1). Any hints?
>
> The system I'm building is:
> Intel Endevour MB w/256K (possibly 512K) pipeline-burst module
> 2 2x32 (8MB) 72-pin SIMMs (16 MB total)
> Adaptec 2940 (?) PCI SCSI card
> Some decent accelerated PCI video card

   I'm using an ATI Mach64.  You have to use 3.1.2B with the RAMDAC the
new models have, but if you grab the beta, it works like a complete
peach.  They're a bit pricy, though, but they really deliver.  The
handbook also suggest Number 9's video cards, and I've heard good things
about them.

      -Dave Andersen

--
angio@aros.net                Complete virtual hosting and business-oriented
system administration         Internet services.  (WWW, FTP, email)