Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 23:00:30 +0100
From:      Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>, David Dawes <dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Misspelling in lib/libutil/login_cap.3 [w/ patch]

At 5:40 am +0100 11/4/98, John Fieber wrote:
>OED 2nd edition is 1989, suggesting that the "s" form may be out
>of fashion, but I would really expect that to be noted if it were
>the case rather than just omitting it.  After all, word history
>is one of the greatest strengths of the OED.
>
>Puzzling....

Current edition of Chambers (used here as reference by all the crosswords,
Scrabble etc) gives both with s preferred; I guess this is the best
reference to current usage in the UK.

--
Bob Bishop              (0118) 977 4017  international code +44 118
rb@gid.co.uk        fax (0118) 989 4254  between 0800 and 1800 UK