Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2000 11:18:13 +0200
From:      Stanislav Grozev <tacho@orbitel.bg>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   dfe-650 on -current

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

Hi,
i've updated one of my systems (a fujitsu-siemens series C) laptop
to the current from yesterday, and my dfe-650 10/100 ethernet pcmcia
card started to behave strangely:

it is detected by the kernel and pccardd correctly as an ed0 device,
ifconfig configures it correctly, but as soon as the interface
is up, the kernel starts spewing ed0: device timeout...
at first i suspected cable/hardware problem, and rebooted in windows98SE
to see if the problem is present there also - unfortunately, the card
works like a charm under windoze, so it isn't cable/hardware problem.
before updating to the latest current (before it it was -current from 30 days)
the card worked perfectly... i think it is some change in etc, because i've run
mergemaster, but i am stupid and deleted my backup etc directory too soon;-(

so, any suggestions?

-tacho

--
   [i don't follow] | [http://daemonz.org/ || tacho@daemonz.org]
   [everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler]

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd--