Date:      Mon, 6 May 2002 11:31:28 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        "J.J.Rijpkema" <jeff.rijpkema@planet.nl>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: KDE Display Manager

That's because KDE doesn't actually control your screen settings; that's
handled in the underlying X layer, which is who is also doing the weird
scrolling effect.

First, try doing CNTL-ALT-keypad + to cycle through the builtin screen
resolutions and see if any of them behave more sensibly.  If they do, you can
edit your XF86Config file to make that setting the default.

--
Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                        http://www.babbleon.org

http://www.eff.org                      http://www.programming-freedom.org

If you smell the smoke you don't need to be told what you've got to do;
Yet there's a certain breed, so very in-between, they'd rather take a
vote.   -- DEVO  --  Here To Go