Date:      Fri, 08 May 2009 09:35:45 -0500
From:      Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
To:        David Johnson <david@usermode.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg hangs with drmwtq in 7.2-RELEASE

--=-+phztL67T4U4HxhEOVa+

On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 22:29 -0700, David Johnson wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 May 2009 08:41:48 pm David Johnson wrote:
> > On Monday 04 May 2009 11:20:17 pm Robert Noland wrote:
> > > This generally suggests that the GPU is locked up...  Given that you =
say
> > > sometimes it locks up hard (usually a panic, that you can't see since=
> > > is running) and other times only X is stalled it might be related to
> > > this patch, if you haven't tried this on already.
> > >
> > > http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland/drm_radeon-copyin-fix-try2.patch
> >
> > Nope, that didn't help. Still froze when I tried opening multiple windo=
ws
> > at once. I'm backing out the patch to get back to a clean state.
> >
> > I also edited my xorg.conf to be closer to yours. No difference.
> >
> > What information do you need to go forward, and how do I collect it?
> >
> > p.s. I didn't have a problem with sources from RELENG_7 date=3D2009.03.=
13, if
> > that helps any.
>=20
> I just upgraded graphics/libdrm. It didn't help any. I'm just shooting bl=
anks=20
> in the dark. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know wh=
at=20
> information is needed and how I collect it.

I still can't reproduce this...  I updated the Xserver, libGL and dri
ports yesterday, all of which could be related to locking up the GPU and
worth a shot.  Failing that, I need you to enabled drm debugging. Start
the system without X, kldload radeon.ko, set sysctl hw.dri.0.debug=3D1
then startx.

robert.

> Thank you,
>=20