Date:      Mon, 6 Apr 1998 23:37:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      lindsay evenson <travis@interlog.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   router questions

Hi, Brandon here again,

        I would just like to thank all you guys at FreeBSD for helping me
out with my problems from the past.  So far I have almost completed my
mission but I am still missing a few things.  OK I am running a 386 with
FreeBSD version 2.1.7.1 . I have a modem and a network card installed in the
computer and they both work.  I have two other computers running win95.  All
three of my computers are networked with TCP/IP, and they all recognise
eachother.  I also have an internet connection which provides dynamic ip
addresses not static, and only one at a time.  I have used User PPP to dial
up to my ISP and I can connect and use the internet from my FreeBSD machine.
What I want to do now is route requests through my FreeBSD machine from my
two other computers which are running win95 so that they can now access the
internet, and also ping sites on the internet as if directly connected.
WHat FreeBSD programs will I need to accomplish this?  What sort of setup
and editing of files in the FreeBSD machine will I need to do?  What will I
need to change in my win95 computers (make the gateway point to my freeBSD
machine?) ?

I have been told in the past to try Natd, but I cant find it on my FreeBSD
system.  I have also heard that I should use something like, alias??

If you could answer or give me any supplementary information I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks

        Brandon