Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 2019 08:53:11 +1000
From:      Korolev Sergey <serejk@febras.net>
To:        hw <hw@adminart.net>
Cc:        Graham Perrin <grahamperrin@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kill -9 does nothing

I don't think this is an NFS problem. I had got the same problem with Apache=
 + ZFS combination (but it was an old FreeBSD version like 7-8, I don't reme=
mber). The main point is that the process hangs in iowait state, which it ne=
ver will exit from. The only solution is hard reboot. The reason of that is r=
ather more complicated, than just "NFS is bad", or "Apache is bad". This is a=
n Open Source, and you could always help with a patch, extensive debug info t=
o clarify the bug, etc, so any help will be appreciated.