Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 01:15:45 +0100
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/14961: TeX/Metafont die for no obvious reason

"Ronald F. Guilmette" wrote:

>  OK, next question:  Now that I have a nice .dvi file, what FreeBSD package
>  do i need to intall in order to get the `dvips' utility so that I can turn
>  this .dvi file into something that's actually usable?

Install teTeX (/usr/ports/print/teTeX). It has *everything* you need
for working with TeX, LaTeX, and friends. It includes xdvi, dvips,
etc. The teTeX distribution is highly integrated and works great.
teTeX is also available as a package in the first FreeBSD CD (I think).

Before trying to install teTeX, remove all TeX-related packages
already installed by you.

-- JMA
José Mª Alcaide                         | mailto:jose@we.lc.ehu.es
Universidad del País Vasco              | mailto:jmas@FreeBSD.org
Dpto. de Electricidad y Electrónica     | http://www.we.lc.ehu.es/~jose
Facultad de Ciencias - Campus de Lejona | Tel.:  +34-946012479
48940 Lejona (Vizcaya) - SPAIN          | Fax:   +34-946013071