Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 08:43:34 +1100
From:      Craig Wilson <craig@natsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE with ThunderLAN Network Adapter

I have installed FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE onto a clients Compaq Pentium
with a Compaq (ThunderLAN) Network adapter.

After a day of network usage the network hung.
A ping from the server to another computer on the network
resulted in the error:
ping: sendto: No buffer space available
ping: sendto: No buffer space available

The commands:
ifconfig tl0 down
ifconfig tl0 up
freed up the network and all was ok.

On investigating the problem database I found kern/6694 which
indicates the same problem, with which the answer was that there
was a problem with the ep driver, and that increasing NMBCLUSTERS was
a workaround. If this was increased will I still eventually run out
of buffers and still require the ifconfig commands?
Is it possible that there is a problem with the tl driver?

Any help would be most appreciated,
and thanks for a great operating system..

Thanks in advance.

Craig Wilson
National Software Pty Ltd