Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 97 12:19:13 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <francisco@natserv.com>
To:        "Ted Kenney" <TKenney@Raima.com>, "www@FreeBSD.org" <www@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Ads in www.freebsd.org (was Re: database)

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997 08:51:27 -0800, Ted Kenney wrote:

>We would also have a link to your site from the opening page of our
>site, telling visitors about this offer.

I hope they go for it. I for one would like to try it. Just don't have
the $495. Moreover many of the other things you have as separate
products should probably be integrated. For instance the space
reclamation utility should not be separate (my opinion).

>We'd make this offer for a limited time. It might be two weeks or so.

Too short. You need some time for people to see the ad. If you are
concerned about too many people getting copies then just make a
determined number of copies available (i.e. the first 50 to respond).

Depending on how the offer goes you may want to extend it by having a
discount instead of free. I am sure many FreeBSD users would like to
try your database, just don't have the money.

>Are you interested?

I think that it would be helpful to have ads in www.freebsd.org for
vendors that support FreeBSD. Newcomers may not even know about the
"gallery" section for a while. If they saw ads with a little subheader
like:
"Support FreeBSD friendly vendors. See Gallery for list"
This would be an indication that there are companies putting resources
to develop FreeBSD software and/or running their operations (i.e. ISPs)
on FreeBSD.