Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 2015 09:01:07 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jordan.hubbard@gmail.com>
To:        Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
Cc:        Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Quarterly Status Report - Second Quarter 2015

> On Jul 27, 2015, at 7:32 AM, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl> =
wrote:
>=20
> You have any idea what is/was actual the hardware that was in the box?
>=20
> If I remember correctly we gave Jordan a check for like 5000 guilders.
> Which I guess would be 2500 us$ at that time. Which was not an =
enormous
> amount of money, so even more impressive that the system lasted 18 =
years :)

And thank you again for that donation!   We should have another =
conference at that place - I remember it was unusual to have a =
conference at a location that also supplied tools for hacking our =
Librettos. :)

I believe those original funds purchased a Pentium Pro system of fairly =
reasonable configuration.  As Julian says, however, the individual parts =
were replaced over the years, including the motherboard, and the =
freefall of today likely bore little resemblance to the one we purchased =
at the local PC shop in Walnut Creek, California!

- Jordan