Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:47:25 -0600
From:      Bob Van Valzah <Bob@Talarian.Com>
To:        "Dorr H. Clark" <dclark@applmath.scu.edu>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Volunteering: Old fart with old CPUs

--------------050500020105070307000804

Thanks for the tip. I actually worked with Larry McVoy on a Unix porting
project in the late 80's. I'd forgotten about lmbench. Are there any
particular tests within lmbench which you'd find particularly telling?

    Bob

Dorr H. Clark wrote:

>On 21 Feb 2002, Bob Van Valzah wrote:
>
>>Could you please suggest something to generate a good system call load
>>for a profiled kernel? Maybe a -j4 buildworld of 4.5-RELEASE? Maybe an
>>Apache build? Lemmie know.
>>

>For profiling kernels, lmbench is a superior package:
>
>http://www.bitmover.com/lmbench/
>
>-dhc

--------------050500020105070307000804

<head>
</head>
Thanks for the tip. I actually worked with Larry McVoy on a Unix porting
project in the late 80's. I'd forgotten about lmbench. Are there any particular
tests within lmbench which you'd find particularly telling?<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Bob<br>
Dorr H. Clark wrote:<br>