Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 1997 19:58:13 -0700 (MST)
From:      sclawson@bottles.cs.utah.edu (steve clawson)
To:        Andrew.Gordon@net-tel.co.uk
Cc:        SimsS@ibm.net, Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re(2): Building PAO kernel on non-PAO system

Andrew.Gordon@net-tel.co.uk uttered:
> The only minor snag I ran into was that 'make install' left
> /usr/include/* as symlinks into the /usr/src, which needed to be
> undone if I didn't want to leave the NFS mounts in place permanently.

     There's a configuration option for this. =)  Uncomment the
`SHARED= copies' line in /usr/src/include/Makefile, or (preferably),
add it to /etc/make.conf on the machine that you're installing on.
That way when you install your headers they will be copied instead of
just symlinked.

steve

--
// stephen clawson				sclawson@cs.utah.edu