Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 06:52:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   System Commander & 2.2.2R Boot Floppy

Greetings everyone,

	I tried booting with the FreeBSD 2.2.2R Boot Floppy and the
machine just rebooted after the boot prompt.  I tried using both rawrite
and fdimage.  The boot floppy was the newer version.

	Another thing was that since my FreeBSD is on my second hard drive
(wd1a), after installing System Commander 3.05, it would just say Read
Error even before it showed anything from the bootstrap.  Same case with
using the 2.2.2R boot floppy if booted through system commander.  The only
booting method that works is booting the boot floppy and putting in
wd(1,0)kernel to boot from the hard drive at the boot floppy.

	Any ideas?

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]