Date:      Sun, 2 Dec 2018 08:07:52 GMT
From:      miltonott <miltonott@fastmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD-12.0-RC3-i386-disc1.iso does not boot

On Sat Dec 1 21:51:05 UTC 2018 CenturyLink Customer wrote:
>> Hello all:Sorry, this old Pentium  4 refurbished test machine has been obstinate
>> during ALPHA, BETA, and now RC.I had a workaround using the BTX bootloader  from
>> ALPHA8 and pasted it into BETA3; meanwhile,remastering the .iso disk  afterwards.

> miltonott wrote:
>  My lord, I send greetings. I have a mind to try FreeBSD-12.0-RC3-i386-disc1.iso,
> and willingness to report back my  experience.  The  get-at-able  hardware  gives:
> 686 class Pentium 4 (socket 775), 686 class Celeron (socket 370).

  My guvnor, I have zero writable cd media at this time.  I  grabbed  the  dvd  iso:
FreeBSD-12.0-RC3-i386-dvd1.iso. I can say the boot run its course and  served  up  a
login prompt with considerable aplomb. The contents of  /var/run/dmesg.boot  can  be
viewed at ` http://dmesgd.nycbug.org/index.cgi?do=view&id=4625 `.