Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 1997 12:29:42 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/4360

> Synopsis: new port of Amaya-1.0b

I had waited until the 1.1a source came out but there's some serious
problems w/ the amaya code as far as I can tell.  If you use the configure
script included with the thot-src-2.1d you get a whole series of errors of
the form:

creating amaya/Makefile
sed: 4: conftest.s2: filename expected

Where it fails to make ANY of the Makefiles or Options files for gmake.

If you use the 2.1b src configure script, it configures fine, but then
fails during the build:

gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/ports/www/amaya/work/Thot/amaya'
Makefile:56: .depends: No such file or directory
Makefile:136: *** missing separator.  Stop.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/www/amaya/work/Thot/amaya'

I frankly don't have the time right now to muck about w/ this as I'm
teaching a class and trying to do my thesis research so I'd like this PR
closed and if someone else is interested feel free to take this on.

Brett Taylor 		brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/