Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:32:10 -0500
From:      Jeremy Tregunna <jtregunna@fuqn.ca>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ccc compiler

I put together a patch back in July of last year for this very problem
back in July of last year. At that time, however, compaq-cc would not
build at all. I'm away from the machine at the moment, but the patch
went like this:

USE_LINUX= yes

do-install:
+	@if [ ! -f "${PREFIX}/usr/lib/ld.so" ]; then \
+		${LN} -s ${PREFIX}/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 ${PREFIX}/usr/lib/ld.so; \
+	fi

	@if [ -z "`kldstat -v | ${GREP} -E 'linux'`" ]; then \
		${ECHO} 'AlphaLinux  mode is not enabled. \

That is the only part of it which I had anything to do with the error
written below. It's not really a fix, but more of a workaround for the
time being. I did this on 5.1 and havn't updated the entire patch to
5.2 yet, havn't had the time.

Anyway, if you find it useful, great. If not, oh well.