Date:      Sat, 8 Nov 2014 09:16:46 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Coert <lgroups@vlymskerp.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Arthur Chance <freebsd@qeng-ho.org>
Subject:   Re: shrinking of FreeBSD root partition on GPT

On Sat, 8 Nov 2014, Coert wrote:

>> On a slightly different subject, are you using GPT partition labels? If
>> not, it might be worth reading Warren Block's excellent article about
>> them here
>>
>> http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/labels.html
>
> Thank you! I am implementing the labeling now.

That article talks about filesystem labels.  GPT labels are created with
gpart(8).  GPT labels do not take any extra space for metadata and do
not require a filesystem, so they are more versatile.  I don't have an
article on them specifically, but the usage is shown here:
http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/disksetup.html