Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2002 05:23:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        jim@jwweeks.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccard problem

In message: <Pine.BSF.4.21.0202161725030.366-100000@veager.jwweeks.com>
            jim <jim@jwweeks.com> writes:
: I just got around to upgrading my laptop from 4.3-stable and it appears I
: have broken my pccard setup.  All my cards are recognized, however when I
: pull a network card and replace it with a modem, the routing tables are
: not effected.  Even if I flush routes, PPP can't assign a new gateway in
: -auto or -ddial mode.  If I connect manually, the route is added.  This
: makes no sense to me.  When I replace the network card, I then have to
: flush routes and re-asign the default manualily.  I couldn't find anything
: in the archives about this problem, and I have tried several different
: rc.conf scenarios.  Maybe someone can tell me what I am missing.

Does the network interface go away when you pull the network card?

Warner