Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2000 21:59:58 -0400
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <hornback@wireco.net>
To:        "'Robert J. Adams'" <radams@siscom.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: 3ware -vs- Promise

	Are you planning on running the Promise FastTrak or just the standard
Promise Ultra100 card?

	The FastTrak costs about 1/3rd as much as the 3ware card, not sure if it
would handle 8 drives or not tho.  Might be worth looking into.

	Personally, I've had nothing but good luck with Promise hardware under NT
and FreeBSD.  YMMV.

--- Andy