Date:      Sat, 7 Jun 1997 12:59:10 -0400
From:      "Donald J. Maddox" <dmaddox@scsn.net>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        vanilla@minje.com.tw
Subject:   Inconsistency in VTCL Port

rhiannon$ cat /usr/ports/devel/vtcl/pkg/DESCR

Visual Tcl is a freely-available, high-quality application development
environment for UNIX, Window$ and Macintosh platforms.

Visual Tcl is written entirely in Tcl/Tk. No extensions.
Tcl7.5 and Tk4.1 or later are required.

- Vanilla
vanilla@minje.com.tw

rhiannon$ grep BUILD_DEPENDS /usr/ports/devel/vtcl/Makefile

BUILD_DEPENDS=	wish4.2:${PORTSDIR}/x11/tk42

  As you can see, the DESCR for this package states that it requires tcl7.5
and tk4.1; however, the _package_ requires tk4.2.

  I am sure that I am not the only one that has a problem with having multiple
versions of TCL and TK...  If this port only requires tk4.1, then it should
build as long as _at least_ tk41 is installed, no?  Is there a better way to
specify the dependencies so that it will build as long as tk4.1 (or higher) is
installed?  Or is the DESCR just wrong?