Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:02:15 -0400
From:      "David J. Clark" <david.j.clark@lmco.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Configuring serial ports

Hello,

        I am currently working on an internal barcodeing project that
involves reading data from COM1 and using perl and tn3270 to send data
to a mainframe. I have an intermec rf controller connected to com1
through a null modem cable. All I want to do is read data from the rf
controller - which device do i use /dev/cuaa1 or /dev/ttyd1 ? If the
case is /dev/ttyd1 does anyone have any ideas what I would put in
/etc/ttys. Also is there any way to test the connection from bsd - ie
there is something there. Thanks for all your help

D. Clark