Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 1999 21:02:54 -0600
From:      drwho <drwho@xnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Printing changes in 3.1?

I have been using a HP 672c deskjet printer with ghostscript to print
PostScript documents.  It seems that since installing 3.1-RELEASE, I
now have problems printing postscript.  It prints random garbage characters
mixed in with good text (unprintable control chars, etc...).  At first,
I thought my printer cable might have been having a problem, but this
does not appear to be the case.

Printing plain text also has some difficulties.  Occasional dropped
characters, etc...

There's one of several possibilities:
 a) my printer is whacked...
 b) my parallel port is whacked
 c) my cable is whacked...
 d) BSD is at fault...

To help narrow things down here, I'd like to know if anyone out there has
a similar setup and has been having similar problems?

--
Fight email spam:  http://www.cauce.org/