Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:40:37 +0000
From:      Paul Macdonald <paul@ifdnrg.com>
Subject:   FreeBSD and SSD drives

Hi,

Is anyone using SSD drives on freeBSD server systems?

I'm attracted by the performance increases i've seen on both my desktops
and laptops (quite amazing and easy upgrade if you've not tried)..

I see from here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRIM#Operating_system_and_SSD_support
that full TRIM support only comes in 8.2,

I'd be interested to here peoples opinions on best uses for SSD, general
purpose applications such as databases , webservers etc will benefit
obviously,

but i'm also  curious as to disk intensive applications such as mailq's,
spamassassin etc?  (I presume here the lack of TRIM may degrade
performance rapidly?)

thanks
Paul.

--