Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:01:47 -0400
From:      "Brian T. Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Giovanny Gomez Convers <ggomezco@eafit.edu.co>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Big problem!!!

On Monday 12 August 2002 06:52 pm, Giovanny Gomez Convers wrote:
| Hola:
|
| Escribo en espannyol y luego en ingles
|
| TENGO UN GRAN PROBLEMA!!!!.... AL PARECER HUBO UNA CAIDA DE
| ELECTRICIDAD Y EL SISTEMA NO FUE BIEN CERRADO.....LUEGO, CUANDO VUELVO
| A INICIAR FREEBSD NO ENCUENTRA EL FILE SYSTEM Y EL ULTIMO MENSAJE QUE
| APARECE ES:
|
| mounting root from ufs:ad0s3a
|
| Y SE QUEDA EN UNA ESPERA INFINITA.......QUE HAGO?????
|

| English
|
| Hi, excuse me my gramathic, but I would like that yours help me in
| this situation.... My Pc have FreeBSD, but yesterday the light break
| and no close the system....then today when I start again the PC
| looking the follow message after read the devices:
|
| mounting root from ufs:ad0s3a
|
| and no response nothing !!!!...what I do????
|
| again, excuse me my english, but this is very important for my and by
| my business.
|
| Thanks for your time....

Assuming that you installed from a set of CD-ROMs, you should be able to use
disk 2 (on a recent CD-ROM sets, at least) as a recovery disk.

Do you know whether ad0s3a *is* the right device?  (It's probably correct if
the boot loader associates F3 with FreeBSD.)

                                        http://www.babbleon.org

http://www.eff.org                      http://www.programming-freedom.org