Date:      Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:47:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD current users <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: split out patch

On 01-Feb-2003 Julian Elischer wrote:

> I'm working on backing out david's patch.
>
> Part of his megacommit was a patch that should ahve been separatly
> handled.
>
> I have split it out..
> Can people have a look at it and see if it makes sense.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/~julian/lock.diff
>
> basically locks need to be per thread but were per process.
>
> Can we just use a thread* for this?
> I think so but I wonder why it wasn't a proc* before..

I guess it was pids before because pids are easier to correlate
with processes in a ps(1) listing.  It looks good to me though.
The only thing I saw (minor nit) is that the assignment of
LK_NOPROC to the lp->lockholder doesn't need a (struct thread *)
cast because LK_NOPROC already has the cast in its definition.
Other than that it looks ok to me.