Date:      Sat, 07 May 2005 21:08:52 -0600
From:      Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
Subject:   Re: IPFILTER Branch [was: Re: [current tinderbox] failure on powerpc/powerpc]

Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2005-05-07 21:53, Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es> wrote:
>
>>>As far as a branch is concerned, please *NO*!  Anyone who wishes to
>>>maintain a separate IP Filter spinoff of CURRENT can do it using
>>>his own disk space and CVS repository (or Perforce branch, if you
>>>prefer).
>>
>>But I think that this kind of pull-ups really needs of some HEAD-UPs
>>and the assistance of people more closer to current, before the
>>breakage.
>

> That is not strictly necessary, as long as a full "make universe" is run
> before any widespread changes that may break one or more arches.
>

>>At last, I can't see this kind of matters in NetBSD, where the
>>pullups are done by 'NetBSD people'.
>

> Darren is one of the "FreeBSD people".

Darren's latest import wasn't ever tested on FreeBSD, nor did he make
any attempt to make it compile on FreeBSD before he imported it.  He
merely dropped it in CVS and walked away.  If it wasn't for the
teamwork of others, it would still be broken.  This is not how we treat
CVS, and I don't really give a care what else Darren does in his life.
CVS is where work goes that is done and tested, not where undercooked
hacks go while waiting for others to clean them up.

Scott