Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 1998 20:28:50 +0900
From:      Atsushi Furuta <furuta@sra.co.jp>
To:        mike@smith.net.au
Cc:        y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp, nate@mt.sri.com, nathan@rtfm.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO Integration?

  Hi, I am Atsushi Furuta, a member of the newcofig.

	Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au> writes:

> Much of the work that you still have to do on
> the newconfig stuff has already been done.

  For example, itojun-san's point of

Date:      Tue, 09 Jun 1998 13:21:42 +0900
From:      Jun-ichiro Itoh <itojun@itojun.org>
Subject:   new config

        - Cannot pass "flags" field to pci devices.
        - Having foo_softc[NFOO] is A BAD THING, thinking about pci/isapnp
          devices.  We must avoid this.

is not implemented in the current FreeBSD.  Many dirty ISA hack such
as static softc, isa_devtab_wdc, is still holded. The newconfig cleard
up much of them.

  Our stance is that such problems should be cleared up as soon as
possible.  It seems to me that the roadmap is not intended to solve
these problem. For me, the newconfig is only a step to do so.

  BTW, I agree with Cho-san's opinion. I want to discuss with new-bus
poeple to solve these problem. Please tell me about the new-bus ML. It
is first time that I hear the new-bus ML.
--
furuta@sra.co.jp (Atsushi Furuta)
   Advanced Technology Group.  Software Research Associates, Inc.