Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 1996 19:36:31 -0700
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        charnier@xp11.frmug.org (Philippe Charnier), ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: inn1.4unoff4 (again)

Yes, I got bitten by that one today too.  I'm changing it to 2555 news.news
and people can change it to something else if they want.

Why was unoff5 cancelled?

  From: roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
  According to Philippe Charnier:
  > IMHO the correct permissions are news.news 2555.
  >
  > -r-xr-sr-x  1 news  news  - 23203 Jul 18 20:37 /usr/local/bin/rnews

  The permissions  that  would have been used   by unoff5 if   it hadn't been
  cancelled by Dave were 2550 uucp.news in  order to let  UUCP execute it and
  give it the permission to write in the spool as group news.

  I also use 2555 as I don't really care if anyone can use rnews here...
  --
  Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
  FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #16: Sun Jul 21 13:26:53 MET DST 1996