Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2007 08:05:50 -0800
From:      "Erin McNew" <tuxgirl@gmail.com>
To:        "Matthias Apitz" <m.apitz@oclcpica.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP Deskjet 9800 with hpijs driver

On Nov 25, 2007 11:27 PM, Matthias Apitz <m.apitz@oclcpica.org> wrote:

> El d=EDa Sunday, November 25, 2007 a las 10:23:05PM -0800, Erin McNew
> escribi=F3:
>
> > I've been trying to get my photo printer working recently, and seem to
> have
> > run into a bit of a snag.  I just tried to print out a picture as a
> test,
> > and instead of a picture, I got: PCL commands across the top of one pag=
> of
> > photo paper, and the printer spewed the rest of my paper out empty
> (taught
> > me an important lesson about testing without having large quantities of
> > photo paper in the printer...)
> > Anyway, I was looking on google, and I don't seem to see other people
> having
> > this problem, but I'm not sure what I could've done wrong.  I'm using
> the
> > hpijs driver, which is supposed to work perfectly under linux, and work=
> > perfectly for my other hp printer.  Is this printer just not supported
> by
> > FreeBSD?  I couldn't find anything that stated directly either way in m=
> > quick googling, so I was hoping somebody here might have some ideas for
> > things to check, etc.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > ~TuxGirl
>
> Maybe it could help if you explain exactly how do you print the
> file, from command line or from some kind of application?
> The PCL across the top of one page, does it looks like stairs?
> I.e. does start the 2nd line where 1st line ends?
>
>        matthias

Ok.  Let's see what other information I can provide.

I was printing from the gimp.  I looked at the printer setup, and it said
that it was using lpr.
As for the PCL, the first line was pretty short, and the second line did
start indented.  I don't recall if it started where the first ended, but if
not, it was close to that.  I couldn't see any further lines, but apparentl=
there were more, as the printer kept spitting out pages...

Thanks!
~Erin

--=20
http://www.tuxgirl.com