Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 12:32:22 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        spoofy@ghg.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Script?!?!

spoofy@ghg.net wrote:

> [spoofy] [/usr/src/sys/compile/kern]# make
> make: don't know how to make ../../i386/conf/kernel.script. Stop
> [spoofy] [/usr/src/sys/compile/kern]#
>
> 	Any ideas? I have no clue as to what is going on...(and all i
> 	want to do is add the Barkly Packet Filter (bpf0).

Looks like you've deleted /sys/i386/conf/kernel.script. You'll have
to get another copy from somewhere -- how you do that depends on what
version you're running. You should be able to get a version for any
version of FreeBSD using anoncvs or the cvsweb interface,

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/i386/conf/kernel.script

Or just pull it off the live CD, if you have a CD set.

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk