Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 2003 17:54:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        murray@freebsdmall.com (Murray Stokely)
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.9-RC2 is on ftp-master..

Murray Stokely wrote:
 > On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 12:41:04PM +0200, Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > Just a small question:  Wouldn't it be a good idea to put
 > > each RC under its own subdirectory in ISO-IMAGES, too?
 >
 > I don't think so, but it has been brought up before..
 >
 > I don't want people to glance at a '4.9' directory along with 4.8,
 > 4.7, etc.. until we actually have something called 4.9 release.
 > Relying on users to actually look inside the directory and see that we
 > only have RCs and not the final release is I think asking too much.

The subdirectory should be called "4.9-RC2", of course,
not just "4.9".  And for the actual release, it should
be called "4.9-RELEASE".  Exactly like the directory names
of the FTP install trees.

Currently, there is a significant inconsistency, which
needs to be fixed.  IMO.

Regards
   Oliver

"It combines all the worst aspects of C and Lisp:  a billion different
sublanguages in one monolithic executable.  It combines the power of C
with the readability of PostScript."
        -- Jamie Zawinski, when asked: "What's wrong with perl?"