Date:      Tue, 09 Nov 1999 12:30:12 -0500
From:      Scott Mallonee <smallone@newbridge.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Source download, VXworks

BSD Folks,

I seek your attention for a few questions:

1) I am now struggling to bring the source code onto my local (Solaris) environment. I
have FTPed the contents of
ftp://ftp5.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/3.3-RELEASE/src/ , but install.sh
contains options that in my version of sh, the id and man commands do not understand. Is
there a method for doing a source extraction in Solaris?

2) I am looking at the BSD IP stack as a candidate for porting to VXworks, to replace the
native stack. I have some proprietary requirements that the native VXworks stack will not
satisfy. Has anyone substantial experience with this?

3) If, as I progress, I have contributions for the BSD stack, what procedure should I
follow to submit?

Thanks!