Date:      Tue, 1 Jan 2013 22:07:11 +0000
From:      "Simon L. B. Nielsen" <simon@qxnitro.org>
To:        Jim Pingle <lists@pingle.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports "make fetchindex" still getting outdated INDEX-9

On 14 December 2012 13:08, Jim Pingle <lists@pingle.org> wrote:
>>> On 13 Dec 2012 16:57, "Jim Pingle" wrote:
>>>     I saw a thread last month about the servers that build INDEX
> files being
>>>     down since the security incident - is that still the case?
>>
>> On 12/13/2012 6:35 PM, Simon L. B. Nielsen wrote:
>> I had forgotten about it again. I will try and to get it fixed within
>> the next couple of days.
>
> Fantastic! I (and I'm sure many others) appreciate the effort.

I managed to get a system set up based on portsnap a few days later,
only to realize it was on the wrong server which in fact doesn't serve
www.freebsd.org... doh.

Anyway, it's fixed as of today fully based on portmgr based INDEX
build. It's also now not served of www.FreeBSD.org which was a bit
ugly IMO, but a HTTP redirect makes 'make fetchindex' work.

PS. should people be so inclined, you can now also get it via rsync
from rsync://bit0.us-west.freebsd.org/FreeBSD-bit/ports-index/ .

--
Simon L. B. Nielsen