Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 96 19:09 WET
From:      uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org (Frank Durda IV)
To:        rb@gid.co.uk, helg@tav.kiev.ua, alex@orion.fa.tdktca.com, narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee, Andrew.Gordon@net-tel.co.uk, mrl@teleport.com, jeff@tenforwd.wiz.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org
Subject:   Printing from Samba under FreeBSD 2.1.0

Thanks to the many people who responded.  Through some grafting of several
suggestions, I have been able to at least print out the Windows '95
Print Test page on a FreeBSD box.   The logs still scream murder about
file descriptor errors and other ominious things, and I had to set up
aliases for the Windows account names to UNIX account names and a bunch of
other stuff that other people didn't seem to have to do (or forgot to
mention).  But it works.

FYI, the question was resolved in less than 24 hours.  The identical question
was posted to the Samba mailing list and after 24 hours all I got back was an
automated response that said that there were no guarantees on getting any
live response.  I haven't heard further...

Thanks again to the responsive FreeBSD community!

Frank Durda IV <uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org>|"Do not bite the wheels while
or uhclem%nemesis@rwsystr.nkn.net           | the motorcycle is in motion.
					    | Also, do not drink the battery
or ...letni!rwsys!nemesis!uhclem	    | acid." - Real Honda owners
					      manual, US Translation.