Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 1996 10:17:30 +0200 (IST)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Robert Chalmers <robert@chalmers.com.au>
Cc:        bsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: What's a good ethernet card?

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Robert Chalmers wrote:

> What's a good Ethernet card to put in a Pentium 120 box, running
> the 2.2 Snap. I don't necessarily want the most expensive trailblazing
> shuttle launching piece of whizbangery, just a good solid, supported
> ethercard. 3Com maybe? Accton? D-Link?

We use DEC cards (DE450 for 10mbps and DE500 for 100mbps). They are not
that cheap, but DEC has excellent service (at least here in Israel), so
we buy almost everything from them. If anything goes wrong they simply
replace whatever you ask them to, no questions asked (whole machines,
$5000 network hubs, whatever).

> any ideas?
> ta
> bob
> --
> The China House					Sheng Huo Jiu Shi Dou Zheng
> robert@chalmers.com.au for Whirled Peas		http://www.chalmers.com.au
> Location: Whitsunday Web Works.			21'7" S, 149'14" E.

Nadav